Here at Bill Oddie’s Bird Food Recipes, we’re a traditional bunch and have turned this annual event into a treat for the garden birds (and staff) – here’s what we do:
- We melt suet and mix it with 250g-500g of bird seed
- When the right consistency is achieved, we carefully spoon out the mixture (get the children involved in this bit).
- Remember to add a piece of string if you’re wishing to hang the treat up
- We then pour it into moulds, or make it into our own shapes
- Once chilled we hang the treats out for the garden birds
This is a great opportunity to get the whole family involved and as the weather turns colder, we are sure your garden birds will really appreciate your homemade delights…